Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Words of Wisdom (Part II)

Chapter 4
A word on one of the strategies of the enemy, isolation. We minister in solidarity with our friends who regularly experience isolation, rejection and misunderstanding. Ministry leads us, by its nature, into identifying with those whom we serve, so we will share in Christ’s suffering as we share in the sufferings of our friends. We will experience some of the pain as they experience isolation, but God has given us a remedy and defense, each other.

Be intentional in fellowshipping with your YL Capernaum brothers and sisters. Fellowship through phone calls, email, visits and praying with each other. Don’t just facebook, be face to face. Beware of thoughts of discouragement. Beware of thoughts like, “Who am I to do this?,” “No one really cares,” “What difference am I making?” “I am too tired to go on.” “I am tired of criticism.” Remember the enemy will do anything he can to get you to quit. Rise up sister! Rise up brother! You are warriors. Fight the good fight of faith. Do you believe our brother John, when he says, “Greater is He who is in you than He who is in the world.” Live for an audience of One. Listen only to His voice that says, “You are my beloved in whom I am well pleased and take great delight in.” Remember Jesus said, “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit.” You are chosen, which is the wonderful good news we give our YL Capernaum friends.

Chapter 5
Never stop going after the most remote and forgotten kids. Do not play it safe, go after the kids with the most severe disabilities, those that no one wants to get near and serve. Your Heavenly Father rejoices over you as you do.

Dream your dream and offer it to God in faith and prayer. Choose the impossible because when it happened you will know it was God who pulled it off. Remember these Scriptures:
What no eye has seen, what no ear has hear, all that God has
Prepared in the hearts of those who love Him. I Corinthians 2:9

Call to me and I will show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

And now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond
All you dare to ask or imagine, Ephesians 3:20

Dear friends, do you believe this? Remember we have a God who created all the stars and calls them by name and because of the power of His might, not one of them is missing. Ours is a God bigger than any challenges we face: the need for leaders, committee, donors, money and the strength to persevere. So dear sisters and brothers as my friend Antwon always said, “Be encouraged!” And so I say to you as my sister Lydia always says to me, “The best is yet to come!” Read and share this letter with all who love YL Capernaum.

May the Father’s mercy, the Son’s grace and the Holy Spirit’s fellowship be yours.

For Him

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment